Dо you want to learn more about the different records? If yes, you are in the right place. Here you can find the list of the most popular DNS record types.
1. SOA record
The Start Of Authority record, or SOA record for short, is the first on our list. It is the one that must be comprehended. Why? It represents the beginning of the Authoritative DNS zone. This DNS record contains a wealth of data for the DNS zone. If you want your network to run smoothly and without errors, you’ll need this DNS record. It sends all requests to the principal DNS server. In addition, the SOA record contains the information and contact information for the DNS administrator. A variety of parameters, such as the domain serial number, are also included. It’s worth noting that each DNS zone should have just one SOA record.
If you already got the ideal domain name for your website, it’s time to register it!
The process is easy, but you have to pick a registrar company to do it. Which one to choose is the first decision to be taken.
How to pick a domain name registrar? Tips
- Check carefully TLDs prices (.com, .org, .net, .de). TLDs have different costs among them, and registrars also charge them differently.
- Verify the initial price but also renewals.
- Understand the prices and conditions in case you want to take your domain to a different company.
- Most web hosting companies also register domains. If you have thought already about a specific hosting provider, take a look at its prices and plans. Sometimes if you host your website, the register goes for free, at least the first year.
- Check what kind of support the registrar offers.